Veeam today released version 8.0 of its Management Pack for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM or OpsMgr). Using this Management Pack customers running Operations Manager to monitor vSphere and Hyper-V virtualization platforms. Also monitoring for Veeam Backup and Replication is provided. Version 8 is the follow up of version 7 R2 which was released in December last year.
New functionality provided in version 8:
- App-to-metal visibility
- vSphere 6 environment support offering full visibility into crucial features like Virtual Volumes Datastores (VVOLs), VMware licensing, certificates, vCenter components, network health.
- Snapshot & Checkpoint tracking heat map
- Enhanced Veeam Backup & Replication monitoring
- Veeam Task Manager for Hyper-V enhancements
- Cluster support
- Plugin for Virtual Machine Manager
- Enhancements to the traffic light widgets and analysis dashboards.