VMware has released version 5.7 of its operations suite, vCenter Operations Manager. This version is the follow up of version 5.6 which was released in November last year. The product which was first released in March 2011, combines several products acquired by VMware in the past and is part of the vCloud suite.
This version introduces several new functionalities, as described in the release notes:
- Assess capacity risk and plan by allocation and/or actual demand
- New views for Cluster Capacity Risk
- New policies for common environments and workloads
- New diagnostics metrics to monitor the health and availability of vCenter Operations Manager components, such as Analytics, Collector, Active MQ, Web server, database, and operating system.
- Widgets with Improved Flexibility and Usability
- Custom UI Import and Export Changes for Dashboards and Super Metrics
- Balanced Metrics Profile
- VMware vCenter Infrastructure Navigator Filtering Capability
- New support for the following browsers: Apple Safari version 6, Google Chrome versions 24 and 25, and Mozilla Firefox 18 and 19.
- Additional security hardening and increases compliance with The Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) and The Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) guidelines