Beginning October Quest released vWorkspace 7.2 beta 2 of its multi-platform VDI connection broker software. vWorkspace 7.2 will be the follow up of version 7.1 which was released in April this year.
Quest did also announce that for vWorkspace it will extend support for connectors to the Apple iPad and Zero PC , InfoWorld reports. By providing support for the Apple iPad, Quest follows other companies like Citrix and VMware which earlier announced support for the Apple iPad as well.
vWorkspace is the product which was acquired from Provision Networks in November 2007, and was released as version 6.0 under the Quest brand in January 2009.
• Virtual Desktop Failover Mode, which provides a free temporary VM from the same group if a persistent desktop is not available
• Integration with Sentillion in order to provide SSO capabilities
• Support for VMware vSphere 4.1
• vWorkspace reporting which will integrate into Microsoft SQL Reporting Services and Quest TOAD for SQL will provide real-time and historical reports on user activity, auditing and administrative activity
• Configuration wizard for configuration of vWorkspace.
• New product installer which was redesigned from the ground.
• vWorkspace PowerShell module, providing PowerShell Commandlets for automating/scripting vWorkspace management.
• Support for the new Quest QLL licensing method, support for the legacy Provision Networks licensing method will remain as well.
• Generating configuration from AppPortal (client component of vWorkspace), make modifications to a farm’s settings using the AppPortal Farm Connections dialog.